Pages

Friday 1 October 2010

REMIX Book of the month on KUF!

UK Kindle Users Forum

Kindle Users Forum is a brand new UK site for the small but burgeoning group of Kindle owners. It's an elegant site, friendly and well-run, with just the right amount of moderation.

I was pleased when my novel, Remix, was one of a list of ten books suggested for KUF's first Book Club Book of the Month, and even more delighted when it won with 20% of the votes, beating Room and The Book Thief into joint second place. Although several members had read and enjoyed Remix, price may have been a consideration; my novel is the cheapest at £0.86, while Room's price, the most expensive, actually more than doubled in September to £6.50 as its publisher cashed in on its success.

Members will read Remix during October, and discuss it in November.

9 comments:

  1. Wow. Congratulations Lexi! That's a real compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos, Lexi! A good price helps, but it's quality that's winning out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's great news. Here's hoping for interesting discussions in November.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm looking forward to getting the views of readers. I noticed when members of my family read Remix, that their views were subtly different from those of reader/writers, in ways difficult to pin down: I think less concern with technique, none with 'rules' and a lot with story and entertainment value.

    I've told them not to spare my feelings just because I'm a KUF member :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! That's great news and what a fab group to have for you Kindlers! Oooh did I just invent a new word? LOL!

    I will wait for my print copy, thank you very much! :-)

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitty, I quite like 'Kuffers'...

    I can't think the paperback will be long now. I'll post them off directly they arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, Lexi. That should get you some sales. Read your Authonomoy blog, too. I agree thaty're trying to get people back - for the same reasons you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Greta.

    I'm watching Authonomy with interest and scepticism. It occurred to me the other day that the members who are left like the site just the way it is; as corrupt and disorderly as a frontier town taken over by the baddies.

    HC's reforms may lose the present incumbents, without getting back the old guard.

    ReplyDelete