Pages

Tuesday 29 November 2016

Dreams of the Machines (Time Rats Book 2) published!

And it's that rare occasion when I release a new book! Woop woop! (For once I feel entitled to scatter exclamation marks. There may be more to come. You have been warned.)

Dreams of the Machines is the second in my Time Rats series, with several new characters. I'm particularly fond of Angel, an on-the-run pleasure droid with a bit of an obsession with the Terminator T-800. Floss, Jace and Ryker are there too, along with scheming Quinn, still lusting after Floss, and a likeable rogue called Liam Roth.

Like TR1, Dreams of the Machines is published by Amazon's Kindle Press. It's been on pre-order for a couple of weeks, and risen quite high in the US charts, around 25,000. I'm pleased about this, because without a Look Inside on pre-order, it means some readers trust me to have written a good book.

I've done the paperback with Createspace. I enjoy formatting, and each of the paperbacks I've designed has been a little better than the last. When it went on sale yesterday, 280 out of 283 pages were on display in the US Look Inside. Panic! I emailed Amazon, and a nice representative called Ann A sorted it out, emailed me and left a message on my phone too.

I'm raising a virtual glass to TR2, and all its readers!

9 comments:

  1. I've just bought it sight unseen. I hadn't realised it was available on pre-order before now or I'd have ordered it! I'm looking forward to reading it.

    I'm currently reading the Chronicles of St Mary's, so I seem to be in a time travel mood at the moment.

    And congrats on getting another book out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, FH! I do hope you enjoy it. You've made me look up the Chronicles of St Mary's, and Just One Damned Thing After Another, and it does look a good read. Will read it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. TR2 is #5,105 in the UK chart as I write, which is nice.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!

    Lexi I also did not know of a pre-order. Anyway I am going for it now at least. I coul have missed it!

    However I have forgotton the plot so far. Hope their is some form of summary or I will re-read the first book.

    Thank you
    Ajith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ajith, I didn't write a summary - that would be nearly as hard as writing a blurb, i.e. very hard :o) And it would be a spoiler for anyone accidentally coming across Book 2 first. But I'm sure the plot of TR1 will come back to you as you read Dreams of the Machines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I bought TR2 kept it aside now reading TR1

      Regards
      Ajith

      Delete
  5. Just finished this and thoroughly enjoyed it, thank you. Looking forward to more books in this series.
    -jeff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, Jeff :o)

      Happy Christmas!

      Delete